The 2019 joint conventions of the Dioceses of Western New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania will be held at the Bayfront Convention Center in Erie, Pennsylvania on October 25-26.
Convention for both dioceses will begin on Friday morning with an energetic and participatory joint session designed to help develop a strategy for our common mission. Convention will conclude early on Saturday afternoon. Meals will be provided from Friday morning through Saturday morning. View the convention schedule.
Joint Pre-Convention Meetings
Members of both dioceses are invited to attend one of four joint pre-convention gatherings:
October 3 at 7:00 PM at St. James, Batavia NY
October 6 at 2:00 PM at St. Luke's, Jamestown NY
October 7 at 7:00 PM at St. John's, Franklin PA
October 9 at 7:00 PM at the Diocesan Ministry Center, Tonawanda, NY
Convention Registration - Deadline extended to October 8
Online Registration for the 2019 diocesan convention is open. The registration deadline has been extended to October 8, and the fee is $60 per person. Registration includes meals from Friday morning through Saturday morning. Register online here. Email Michael Brown with questions about convention registration.
A block of room is available in the Springhill Suites at the convention rate of $134/night until September 24. Reserve a room by calling the hotel at 814.864.5000. Rooms at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront are sold out. Email Vanessa Butler or call her at 814.456.4203 with questions.
The Diocese of Northwestern Pennsylvania will elect:
- Diocesan Council - 1 priest and 1 lay for four-year terms
- Standing Committee - 1 priest and 1 lay for four-year terms
- Constitution and Canons - 1 priest and 1 lay for three-year terms
- General Convention - 4 lay and 4 priests as deputies; 4 lay and 4 priests as alternates
The Diocese of Western New York will elect:
- Diocesan Council – 1 lay for a three-year term
- Standing Committee – 1 lay and 1 clergy for four-year terms
- Trustees – 2 clergy for three-year terms
- General Convention – 4 lay and 4 clergy as deputies; 4 lay and 4 clergy as alternates
Vendors and Exhibitors
Limited vendor and exhibitor space is available at convention and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost is $25 for an eight-foot table. Learn more and complete a form to reserve vendor space. Questions? Email Michael Brown.